Love Letter to my Healers (musical inspirations-obsessions)

 My first introduction to REAL nu-metal, was you! Along with Korn and Disturbed, you have set the standard of what it feels like to be in pain, to be angry, to let shit out! I’ve been a “maggot” since age 16! All 9 of you imprinted my heart and my head and shut the suicidal ideations out! Slipknot, you help me release.  

You help me to tell people to FUCK OFF unapologetically! Corey Taylor, you are a constant inspiration for me to keep going and to keep it 100 percent authentic! Your vulnerability shows me I am not alone in my battles, and that I’m not a fuckup! 


I stumbled upon you, purely by accident, as I was listening to another favorite band you collaborated with..but when I heard your magnetic vocals, and felt your plentiful energy, coursing through your music and YouTube videos, I was instantly hooked! I'm thoroughly so glad that you joined the band of so much variety of talents! All of you are rock solid!

The uniqueness, missing from the artists of today, the grit that's naturally derived from the pit of your Hungry soul, the rawness of emotions match my own persona. Although I've never reached inside myself to see if I have the skills, I'd definitely model it from your influence on me if I did.

Your crazy awesome videos and live feeds soothe me from my depression and give me a good laugh and your smile lights up any room, and your...NSFW vids are hot as fuck! I definitely get a boner watching your OnlyFans...LOL. Your interactions with your fans turned friends is nothing short of down to Earth person who is also well aware of their talents! I'd love to have you in my corner as you'd be a breath of fresh air in my cloud of smoke called life.

Oh...you beautiful Skin, born and bred from the city of Brixton via Jamaica. the softness and the raw grit in your voice, the effortless skill of each instrument and player of them, so powerful.. your hypnotic eyes, your wisdom set an aura that is pure golden light. I'm enveloped in and enthralled by it.

A multitude of emotions flood my brain, along with dopamine when the combination of your vocals and multi instrumentals hit my ears, and reach my brain. Your Brit Clit Rock drives me wild, makes me shed tears, brings me to my knees. I'd worship the ground you walked on and I'd service you and your wife if given the opportunity lol. Your videos, omg, they speak so many volumes of importance and sheer vulnerability...I find myself immersed in thought and fantasies flood my mind in response.

You, are such a fucking powerhouse in Black Rage! Truly haunting yet thrilling as hell! Spitting facts and throwing elbows to these ignoramuses with no remorse is beyond inspiring. The "weirdness" of your aesthetic is just my type! The combination of rap and metal music is exactly what I wish I was able to do. If I could be in any group, I'd be in yours! You represent what so many of us folks of color, and white allies feel when it comes to this fuckery we experience as the world implodes beneath us.

I'm definitely in the Kult and I'd rep that shit loud and proud if I were able to be associated! But who am I kidding, lol. I'm nowhere near your level of wokeness although I am getting there. Still, your intrigue has captured me and I am now a forever fan! I'd smoke several blunts with yall on a daily basis.

I have to shout out and give a token of my appreciation to you all.. I offer my entire devotion to the mystery and allure you present to us in your art as a result of the pain you've experienced and your complete submission to the Deity of Sleep. And you're nothing short of ethereal! Your vulnerability, sensuality, and spirituality have turned us into solid worshipers and I am proud about it! I'm a permanent member of the cul-I mean club! Each member of the band has their own intoxicating aura that us worshippers can't get enough of! Through the Vessels 1-4, Vessel Is own voicing of his emotions and experiences felt and envisioned through the instrumental elements played effortlessly by II, III and IV, we feel, we see, we hear our pain, our pleasure, our vulnerability. We connect as fans..I'm forever connected to what you all represent!


I thank you, Slipknot, Tallah, Skunk Anansie, Ho99o9 and Sleep Token for giving me access to another world, another life with slightly less pain, less suffering, keeping intrusive thoughts and depression at bay, even if for a little bit. I literally breathe a deep sigh of relief after listening to your playlists. Relativity in music is vastly important to my healing, my learning and my evolution as a human soul finding their strength. While you four bands are far from being the only artists who inspire me, You all, besides Prince are the top 10 of my list. I'm very selective with the music I expose my brain to and all of you have more than passed the test! Aced the exams and graduated to being permanent fixtures in my development as an evolved human being in tune with themselves and the world around them.








Comments

Popular Posts